The Round Rock Express is looking for applicants to be a part of our game time groundscrew for the 2019 season. The applicant will be asked to work 90% of express home games. You will be asked to work nights and weekends according to the Express schedule. The shift ranges from 2 hours before the game starts till an hour after the game ends.
- Break down of batting practice: removing screens and picking up hitting mats.
- Raking dirt chunks out of the cut outs and basepaths for a smooth surface.
- Laying out chalk lines on the warning track and infield.
- Dragging the infield in between innings.
- Repacking the mound and plate after the game.
- Backpack blowing or brooming edges.
- Tarping during and after the game.
- Help to maintain the cleanliness of the maintenance shop.
- Assist with extra events held on the field( set up for post-game concerts, kids run the bases, fireworks, soccer games, softball, or corporate events)
- Assist with some outside landscaping and surrounds of Dell Diamond.
- Must be self-motivated individual that likes to be a part of a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing to work all games scheduled.
- Landscaping, grounds and experience a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and have time management skills.
- Must have the ability to stand for hours at a time, withstand a multitude of weather conditions from cold and wet to extreme heat.
- Must have a clean professional appearance.
Compensation: This is an hourly seasonal position starting around mid-March till the end of the baseball season. The hourly rate is $8.00 an hour, uniform shirts and hats are provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.