This Digital Marketing Internship is a seasonal, part-time, hourly position (less than 30 hours per week) that will assist in expanding and maintaining the digital brand of the sports holdings, food and beverage and turf divisions of Ryan Sanders Sports & Entertainment, as well as the Nolan Ryan Foundation, Round Rock Express and youth baseball initiatives.
Target Start Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Target End Date: Friday, October 28, 2022
- Maintain multiple websites on WordPress in a manner that is congruent with the Ryan Sanders Sports & Entertainment brand, including but not limited to: update photos and copy, compile website data and analytics to increase SEO/SEM, create products to sell in compliance with website credit card and personal information licensing, etc.
- Develop compelling and creative social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok for various companies and events, while maintaining the distinct voice of each entity, to increase followers, drive engagement, create brand awareness, generate sales leads, etc.
- Assist with social media oversight, including but not limited to: direct questions, comments and concerns, etc. regarding events, ticket sales, website, venue, etc.
- Assist with various Round Rock Express duties, oftentimes during non-traditional work hours and sometimes in less-than-ideal weather conditions
- Assist with Google Events, Google Analytics and utilize Sprout Social for social media content scheduling
Traits of a Great Candidate:
- Must display excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Quick learner with the capability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Reliable, punctual and courteous to colleagues, event staff, sponsors and fans
- A team-oriented, goal-driven attitude that can collaborate with others and take direction, as well as ask appropriate questions/gather appropriate information to complete the task at hand
- Must adhere to and align with the Ryan Sanders Sports & Entertainment Core Values
- Strong writing and proofreading skills a must (AP Style)
- Direct experience in WordPress website design and maintenance
- Direct experience with social media content creation, scheduling, best practices, etc.
- Pursuing or recently completed a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or the like
Please Note: There will not be a minimum guarantee of hours per week for this position and schedules may vary, however, schedules will not exceed 30 hours per week. Flexible schedules are negotiable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.