The Reno Aces are the Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks and we are looking to add to our All-Star sales team. Here in Reno, we are seeking hard working, driven individuals with a passion for sports and bringing people together. This is a unique position to develop your skills in a booming city.
The ideal candidate is an entry level salesperson with a competitive edge and an innate drive for success.
We are a close-knit team and work hard to develop our Sales Academy members into some of the strongest salespeople in the industry. The Reno Aces are unique in that we share our stadium with a USL professional soccer team – Reno 1868 Football Club. This provides endless opportunity for growth within the company and an invaluable chance to develop your sales skills across two sports.
A mere 30 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe and surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Reno offers more than just casinos. One of the last true cities of the Old West, The Biggest Little City is filled with endless opportunity, both professionally and recreationally.
ROUNDING THE BASES
With a focus on consistent, in-depth training and development through personalized coaching, the Aces Sales Academy will build the foundation needed for a successful career in the sports industry. You will be provided training on full menu products and skills that will provide you with a jumpstart to your career.
THE GAME PLAN
We’re looking for the next All on our sales team. This individual will be a full-time employee of the Reno Aces Baseball Club. You’ll be making outbound phone calls, going on face-to-face meetings with prospects, touring clients around Aces Ballpark, and working prospect events. You will also work all home baseball games during the Aces season and outside events as scheduled. The primary objective of this position is building relationships and generating revenue for the aces ticket sales department.
- Openness to coaching as you are provided with the best sales training in sports
- Chance to gain invaluable experience in two sports (USL, MiLB)
- Sell a full menu of ticket products for the Reno Aces Baseball Club, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality packages.
- Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets.
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements.
- Proactively create opportunities for new business through up-selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients.
- Contact past customers in order to generate new ticket sales.
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of Aces Ballpark to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships.
- Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Extremely coachable and eager to learn every day.
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR STARTERS!
We strive to develop the strongest salespeople in the industry. Therefore, we are very selective in who we add to our team. We’re looking for candidates with a tireless work ethic, great attitude, desire to learn, and that will to be the absolute best.
Note: This is a 40-hour-a-week position that runs from late January through the end of the season with promotion potential based on performance. Compensation includes an hourly wage plus commission.