Background: The Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC are looking to add a Community Relations Coordinator to our team!
Greater Nevada Field is also home to the Freight House District, a one-of-a-kind four-venue restaurant and entertainment venue, Slaughter House in the month of October – the area’s largest haunted house – and an ice rink from November to February – Reno’s only outdoor ice rink.
The Aces and Reno 1868 FC are top organizations in baseball and soccer priding itself on teamwork, professionalism, accountability, and dedication.
Position Summary: The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling community relations needs, and enhancing the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC brand by attending various events in and outside of Greater Nevada Field. The Community Relations Coordinator will also be responsible for managing Street Team, leading jersey auction night facilitation and building relationships with the Northern Nevada Community. This position will report to the Brand Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Serve as brand ambassador for the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC at on & off-site events to promote brand awareness and community relations efforts
· Run promotional events on and off-site for the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC
· Responsible for Reno Aces and Reno 1868 Kids Club initiatives and programs implementation
· Assist the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC mascots during any & all on & off-site events or appearances
· Assist the Brand Manager during any & all on and off-site player appearances for the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC
· Assist the Brand Manager in researching potential events and new community relations programs
· Other duties as assigned
· Prior community relations experience preferred
· Proven track record of generating revenue for charitable causes
· Highly motivated, energetic and talented individual with excellent verbal & non-verbal communication skills to entertain fans
· Means of transportation to and from events
· Ability to respond to any situation quickly and professionally
· Positive outlook and attitude
· Ability to separate work from personal life, come with a professional attitude
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
· Flexible schedule to attend 4 to 5 off-site events per week, which include working evenings, weekends and holidays as required
· High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity
· Understanding of confidential information & how to properly handle sensitive materials
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.