The Reno Aces, Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks is Northern Nevada’s premier professional sports organization located at Greater Nevada Field in the heart of downtown Reno. Greater Nevada Field is also home to the Freight House District, a one-of-a-kind four-venue restaurant and entertainment venue. The Reno Aces pride themselves on honesty, opportunity, memories and energy and are looking to welcome an employee with those values.
The Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting the Communications Manager with game day stories, stats and publications.
- Assist in the production of daily game day items, including stat packs, rosters & game notes
- Write editorial feature stories, recaps and previews for the club’s game day program publication, Leading Off
- Write, edit, and distribute press releases related to promotions, game recaps and upcoming home stands
- Work directly with local media, representing the team and pitching news stories
- Live tweet and write and distribute game recaps for select road games as needed
- Contribute to the production of the annual media guide with a focus on player & coaches’ pages
- Contribute to @Aces social media platforms
- Fill gameday roles as needed (MLBAM stringer, scoreboard operator, etc.)
- Provide Press Box with Game Notes, Rosters, Stat Packs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Writing skills including press releases, recaps, previews and features
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of baseball statistics and trends
- Ability to work all Aces games (home and away)
- Work in fast-paced environment
- Minimal travel required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the phone for several hours a day
- Must be able to stand on concourse during games for 3 hours at a time