Reno Aces Baseball Club:
The Reno Aces, Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks is Northern Nevada’s premier professional sports organization located at Greater Nevada Field in the heart of downtown Reno. The Reno Aces pride themselves on honesty, opportunity, memories, and energy and are looking to welcome an employee with those values. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Position Summary / Objective:
The Account Executive – Is a full-time position in the Ticket Sales Department. The primary focus is selling season tickets, premium packages, and group outings.
The Game Plan:
We are looking for the next super star on our sales team. This individual will be a full time employee of the Reno Aces baseball club. You’ll be making outbound phone calls, going on face to face meetings with prospects, touring clients around Greater Nevada Field, and working prospect events. You will also work any home baseball games during the Aces season and outside events as scheduled. The primary objective of this position is building relationships and generating revenue for the Reno Aces ticket sales department.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
- Sell a full menu of ticket products, including, but not limited to Group tickets and Season Memberships.
- The Account Executive is accountable for an annual sales goal as a part of a annual department sales goal
- The Account Executive will be accountable for a minimum level of outbound activities daily including; 60+ cold calls, e-mails, social media, etc.
- The Account Executive will be accountable for setting and attending 8-10 face to face meetings per week.
- Actively manage a sales and service pipeline of 200+ clients.
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and build your sales pipeline
- Proactively create opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients
- Work home games during the season and outside events as scheduled
- Represent the Reno Aces and Greater Nevada Field in a positive way
- Assist in a variety of game-related duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration.
- 1-2 years of customer service or sales experience required (both in person and over the phone)
- 1-2 years’ experience in processing, prospecting, and selling in sports preferred
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Extremely curious, coachable, and eager to learn every day.
- Disciplined self-starter.
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a sales career in the sports business.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- Minimal travel required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the phone for several hours a day
- Must be able to stand on concourse during games for 3 hours at a time