HOW TO BECOME A SUPERSTAR:
To become a superstar with teams, you need to first know that it all starts with tickets. Tickets are the lifeblood of sports. Once you learn tickets—truly learn how to market tickets--then it’s on to sponsorships. Learn both, and you’ve got the right ticket to run teams.
There are two types of tickets we sell: season ticket plans and group tickets. We sell both and we put a lot of time and energy into selling both. We don’t give you the Yellow Pages and tell you to go sell. Our philosophy is train, train, train, and when we get tired of that, we train some more. Our goal is to accelerate your growth as fast as we can.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We sell tickets twelve months out of the year. You'll be an integral part of our Inside Sales team and will be focused on selling season tickets to past customers.
A SUPERSTAR STARTS IN OKLAHOMA CITY:
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Pacific Coast League Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past seven years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club prior to the 2017 season. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, the Budweiser Deck (accommodates 150 guests in an exclusive hospitality area), and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all of minor-league baseball.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have won back-to-back American Northern Division Championships and were the American Conference Champions in 2018. And as a city, Oklahoma City was recently ranked in the top-10 by Business Insider as one of the most popular places to live in the United States and by Forbes as one of the top metro areas for wage growth. To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark – located in a city on the rise.
Do you want to be a superstar in sports business? That’s the first qualification. If you answered yes, then answer two more questions: 1) do you have a strong work ethic and 2) do you have desire to learn and excel?
You should have strong communication skills (you have to like to talk to people) and a willingness to listen and learn. If you don’t have sales experience, don’t worry about it because we don’t worry about it.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Complete comprehensive True B.L.U.E. Boot Camp at start of program
- Complete cold calls per day
- Assist customers who have initiated contact with the OKC Dodgers via walk-up, call-in, mailings, and advertising campaigns
- Sell new business while maximizing sales to current OKC Dodgers customers through prospecting, referrals, and in-game seat visits
- Generate leads via Ticket Information Booth and capturing walk-up names at OKC Dodgers events
- Opportunity to represent the Dodgers organization in face-to-face interactions throughout the Oklahoma City community
- Participation in monthly all-sales staff training
- Weekly department meetings and one-on-one sessions with supervisor
- Report and track daily calls and sales
- Utilize formatted phone presentations and ticket sales approach
- Assist with data entry, participations in sales events, and all other functions as needed by the organization, directly related to ticket sales or otherwise
- Uphold the highest level of customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business or Sports Management preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be creative, enthusiastic and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work all home games and special events
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays