You probably want to be the president of a team someday. That's good; you're in the right spot. If you don't, you shouldn't waste your time reading the rest of this job description.
TWO OUT OF THREE DOESN’T WORK
We figure that you don't have the skill set to be a president right now. However, if president is your target, you need to answer 'yes' to each one of these three questions:
1. Do I have a strong work ethic?
2. Do I have a powerful desire to learn?
3. Will I get the in-depth training on my next job that would allow me to make a positive step to my career target?
If you say 'yes' to the first two questions, you're on the right track. However, to get a 'yes' on the third question, you are going to have to do some homework. Talk to teams about the real training that they give. Tossing you the Yellow Pages doesn't count as training. We feel that to become a president with teams, you need to first know what we know: It all starts with tickets. Tickets are the lifeblood of sports. Once you learn tickets—truly learn how to sell and market tickets—then it’s on to sponsorships. Learn both, and you’ve got the right ticket to run teams.
We start our people on our lifeblood—remember, that’s tickets. No Yellow Pages tossing for us. Our philosophy is train, train, train, and when we get tired of that, we train some more. Our goal is to accelerate your growth as fast as you will allow us to. You see, we want you to get better quicker for what you can contribute here in Oklahoma City.
WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE SELLING FOR
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Pacific Coast League Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past seven years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club prior to the 2017 season. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, the Budweiser Deck (accommodates 150 guests in an exclusive hospitality area), and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all of minor-league baseball.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have won back-to-back American Northern Division Championships and were the American Conference Champions in 2016. And as a city, Oklahoma City was recently ranked in the top-10 by Business Insider as one of the most popular places to live in the United States and by Forbes as one of the top metro areas for wage growth.
To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark – located in a city on the rise.
WHAT’S YOUR PATH?
We prefer to populate management positions with people that have learned our ticket marketing methods. If you come to work for the Dodgers in tickets and do well, you’ll have a chance to grow within our organization, much faster than you would anywhere else. Do well and you could be managing your own staff within a few years.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Tickets, remember, it's tickets. You’d be a salesperson building relationships within the Hispanic Community of Oklahoma City and the surrounding metro. The position will be the face of the Oklahoma City Dodgers' Hispanic Initiatives. You'll build relationships with existing clients, but also you'll represent the Dodgers at local networking events.
Did you answer yes to the first two questions above? If you do, we can answer the third question for you. Yes, you will get unsurpassed training that will be giant steps in reaching your career goal. Answered yes to all three, you qualify. Now you have to take action; you have to apply.
Yesterday. We need potential team presidents now. If you’re ready to take that first giant step to becoming a president right now, however, apply online today.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Complete comprehensive True B.L.U.E. Boot Camp at start of program
- Opportunity to attend exclusive, invite-only OKC Dodgers Sales Academy held in June
- Complete 100 calls per day
- Assist customers who have initiated contact with the OKC Dodgers via walk-up, call-in, mailings, and advertising campaigns
- Sell new business while maximizing sales to current OKC Dodgers customers through prospecting, referrals, and in-game seat visits
- Generate leads via Ticket Information Booth and capturing walk-up names at OKC Dodgers events
- Opportunity to represent the Dodgers organization in face-to-face interactions throughout the Oklahoma City community
- Participation in monthly all-sales staff training
- Weekly department meetings and one-on-one sessions with supervisor
- Report and track daily calls and sales
- Utilize formatted phone presentations and ticket sales approach
- Assist with data entry, participations in sales events, and all other functions as needed by the organization, directly related to ticket sales or otherwise
- Uphold the highest level of customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business or Sports Management preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be creative, enthusiastic and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work all home games and special events
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be fluent in Spanish