The Ballpark Entertainment Assistant is a seasonal, part-time position that will serve to aid the efforts of the Director of Ballpark Entertainment within the Marketing Department of the Round Rock Express. The hourly-paid position will run from February-September. Candidate can expect to primarily work in the control room during home games with minimal office hours as needed. Weekly hours will vary depending on the Express home schedule, but this position will average 25-29 hours per week. Report times may change each week in order to accommodate working all Express home games.
- Learn and operate various gameday positions in the control room
- Update daily graphics used on various stadium LED boards and digital displays
- Shoot video for various projects as needed
- Assist with on-field promotions and in-game entertainment features as needed
- Work various special events at Dell Diamond (soccer, rugby, high school baseball, concerts, corporate events, etc.)
- Fulfill all video requests from fans, internal departments and PCL/MiLB
- Update digital archives (player highlights, fan/stadium footage, special event/theme night footage, etc.)
- Must display excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Quick learner with the ability to work well under pressure/tight deadlines
- Reliable, punctual, and courteous to colleagues, event staff, sponsors and fans
- Have a basic knowledge of the game of baseball
- Must adhere to and align with the Round Rock Express Core Values
- Ideal candidate is recent college graduate with degree in electronic media, video production or related field; undergraduates will be considered if class schedule is flexible
- Local candidates preferred but will accept applications from out-of-state candidates
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Dell Diamond
- Must be willing to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premier and Photoshop a plus
- Live sports/event production experience a plus
Position Pays $8.50 per hour.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.