The Marketing and Promotions Assistant is a season, part- time internship that will serve to aid the efforts of the Promotional Event Manager and the Marketing Department of the Round Rock Express. This hourly-paid position will run from February to September. Candidates can expect to work in an office setting for the majority of their time but will be asked to work games and additional events as needed.
· Assist in managing various programs and marketing initiatives as needed, including K9 Valentines, Summer Camp Fair and Express Kids Club
· Conceptualize, plan, construct/design and distribute media delivery packages to all outlets
· Represent the Express in the community by delivering marketing collateral to local businesses
· Assist with the booking, coordination and execution of community events and appearances
· Participate in game day setup including decorating for theme nights, securing props, printing materials, distributing giveaway items, staffing check-ins, etc.
· Correspond daily with community leaders, nonprofit organizations, schools, special guests, sponsors, vendors and others both via email and by phone
· Develop and implement creative concepts for theme nights, awareness nights, and promotions
· Lead ballpark tours; train other staff on tour procedures and talking points
· Conduct various marketing research projects and compile reports on findings
· Give input and demonstrate forward thinking as a contributing member of the department
· Staff events outside of normal hours as needed, including FanFest, Express games, etc.
· Complete other miscellaneous projects as instructed by management; may include tasks such as cutting flyers, laminating, data entry, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Must display excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Creativity, thinking outside the box and craftiness are a must
· Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
· Quick learner with the ability to work well under pressure/tight deadlines
· Reliable, punctual, and courteous to colleagues, event staff, sponsors and fans * Must adhere to and align with the Round Rock Express Core Values
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.