Corporate Sales, Account Executive
Department: Corporate Sales
Supervisor: Corporate Sales Manager
Classification: Full Time/Non-Exempt
The Memphis 901 FC & Memphis Redbirds are seeking enthusiastic, driven, and energetic individuals to join the business development staff. The selected candidate will play a key role in helping the department reach and exceed revenue goals through the sale of sponsorship packages, as well as suites, groups, memberships & sponsorship for Memphis Redbirds, 901 FC & AutoZone Park. Developing new relationships and enhancing existing programs with corporate partners will be a critical component of this position. The selected candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends throughout the baseball season. Comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to health, dental, life, LTD, AD&D & 401K. Competitive salary based on previous experience and qualifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate new business by prospecting & cold calling for new customers.
- Sell full-menu of Memphis Redbirds, Memphis 901 FC & AutoZone Park tickets, suites, hospitality, special events and sponsorships
- Develop comprehensive sponsorship programs that meet client goals and marketing objectives while utilizing all team-controlled inventory
- Incorporate research or category dynamics, and demonstrate a clear understanding of partners’ marketing goals and objectives in all recommendations/proposals
- Provide accurate/reliable information for sales forecasts and tracking
- Build strong relationships with clients, collaborate with vendors and internal departments to execute all partnership elements
- Represent club at outside events in the Memphis community
- Assist in implementing partner activation, promotions and other deliverables
- Collaborate with partners and internal departments on developing sponsor programs that meet clients needs from branding, traffic driving, community etc.
- Strive to achieve company, department and personal goals
- Cross sell among department and other sports properties
- Prospect, sell, activate and maintain corporate sponsorships for the venue and special events including Memphis Redbirds and Memphis 901 FC
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by Senior Leadership
- Be on call to push/pull tarp as well as set up Saturday/holiday fireworks shows
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter with passion for sports industry
- Team player and handle multiple tasks
- Professional image and demeanor
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of CRM software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of corporate sales experience for a sports team or in the Memphis, TN market
- Successful completion of sales training program
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.