The Merchandise Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the club’s day to day merchandise operations, including but not limited to planning and executing a memorable visual and purchasing experience for customers while generating strong revenue streams with solid margins. S/he will work with, manage, and support the merchandise staff and be expected to develop strong working relationships with the entire management team, in addition to vendors.
Riverfront Stadium, will host not only MiLB games, but a variety of other events during year.
The new ballpark features a main retail store of over 2,000 SF plus 400 SF of storage space adjacent to the centerfield (Riverfront) entrance as well as a secondary retail location of over 500 SF on the concourse behind first base. There is also a mobile merchandise cart available, depending on attendance and demand.
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive benefits and paid time off. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed for team and other community events.
- Leading and supporting merchandise staff
- Hiring employees
- Managing and scheduling employees
- Maintaining equipment and operational cleanliness
- Maintaining point of sale equipment (Retail Pro), inventory control and producing sales reports
- Balancing daily receipts against POS & GOS.
- Oversee e-commerce platform
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience in retail field, preferably the sport industry
- Previous experience in purchasing, art creation, analyzing sales and inventory data and working with vendors is helpful
- Experience with MiLB web platform and Shopify a plus
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Must be organized and have good time management skills.
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications a must
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing sales skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Additional skills may be required to perform task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
The information contained in this job description is not exhaustive of all the duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. At the discretion of management, duties and responsibilities may change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons at any time.
Wichita Wind Surge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law.