Job Description & Duties:
Interested in working for one of the nation’s premier Triple-A baseball teams? The OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation is seeking motivated individuals to be the driving sales force behind the Foundation’s 50/50 raffle. This seasonal position will start in April and run through the conclusion of the season. The ideal candidate will be punctual, hard-working and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills. The employee will be responsible for daily sales of raffle tickets to baseball fans within Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, at either a stationary kiosk or as a roaming sales representative. The employee must be able to accept and account for sums of cash on a nightly basis. In addition, this person will communicate the 50/50 raffle rules and procedures clearly to potential customers. This position reports to the Foundation Coordinator, who oversees daily raffle operations. If you are selected for this position, you must attend a preseason training session. Additionally, employees will have opportunities to participate in nonprofit training courses and apply to take part in the OKC Dodgers Sales Academy. Any relocation costs will not be covered. This is a paid postion and employees will make an hourly rate.
What is the 50/50 Raffle?
The 50/50 raffle takes place at all OKC Dodgers home games in accordance with Oklahoma State law, where one lucky winner receives 50% of the jackpot from that night’s event, while the Foundation receives the remaining 50%.
- Energetic personality with some level of sales experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time in a hectic sports arena
- Non-traditional working hours expected
- Enrolled in accredited college/university is encouraged, but all qualified applicants will be considered
- Must work as part of a team to achieve fundraising goals
- Must be committed to working assigned games
- All applicants will be subject to a background check
Work Start - End Date
April 14th, 2020 - August 30th, 2020 or at the conclusion of the 2020 Pacific Coast League playoffs
During OKC Dodgers home games. Hours per week will vary.