Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC
Job Title: Community Relations Assistant
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Part-Time
Is engaging people your thing? Do you like to make a mark and make a difference? The River Cats are all about that, and we’re looking for someone like you. We need your help increasing the River Cats impact on the Sacramento community and making sure everyone knows about it. We have a great volunteer program in place, and it will be your job to make sure we’re able to deploy as many of our volunteers as possible. Also, our signature community events are a great way to learn event organization from the best in the business. We have big goals, and you’ll help get us there.
Front Office Duties:
- Research and schedule potential community events for Dinger and the River Cats staff.
- Identify, coordinate, and implement volunteer outings and signature events for the River Cats Cats Care volunteer program and River Cats staff.
- Spearhead the execution of River Cats’ Latinx engagement initiative, Dorados de Sacramento.
- Fulfill community donation requests and track voucher redemption.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Dinger’s Kids Club events and data collection.
- Spearhead the execution of River Cats community events.
- Facilitate River Cats specialty jersey auctions and report their results.
- Act on community initiatives with Sutter Health as they arise.
- Act as liaison between community influencers and the River Cats.
- Represent the River Cats in a professional manner at area events.
- Facilitate the participation in community events by front office staff and corporate partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- Must be able to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Must have great organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have good communication and excellent writing skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be creative with a good pulse on trending ideas, themes and social outlets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- On the job training provided.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.