The Backup Mascot is responsible for providing entertainment primarily as Archie for Reno Aces fans and as Truckee for Reno 1868 FC in the Reno area at on and off-site events, and serving as the face of the Aces and 1868.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with game/match day activities including but not limited to: greeting fans, parades, Kids Club events, Education Days, kids run the bases, crowd interaction, theme nights etc.
• Coordinate game day schedules with promo team, emcee and game day coordinators.
• Help assist and execute game day promotions with emcee and promo team, including, but not limited to, on-field promotions, swag tosses, dancing on dugouts, skits etc.
• Work at minimum 4 on and off-site events each month (i.e. special events, partnership appearances, community events, Archie grams, Truckee grams, festivals) in an effort to promote the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC
• Maintain and care for costume, props and signs
• Responsible for fan engagement at on and off-site events
· Act as a role model within and outside the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC organization
· Prior mascot experience preferred
· Acting skills preferred
· Family appropriate
· Comfortable performing in front of 9,000+ people
· Ability to adapt quickly to change
· Enthusiastic, energetic and passionate performer
· Reliable, punctual, courteous, and outgoing
· Flexibility to work long hours, evenings and weekends
· Commitment to produce a quality, first-class product that falls within the standards and values set forth by the Reno Aces and Reno 1868 FC franchise.
· Must be at least 18 years of age, between 5’6” and 5’11” and in good physical condition
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.