The Hospitality Manager will be responsible for selling, booking and executing all hospitality functions for the Wichita Wind Surge. They will serve as a vital part of the food and beverage team responsible for creating and executing events at Riverfront Stadium. This position will report to the Director of Food and Beverage and work collaboratively with other members of the organization.
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive benefits and paid time off. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed for team and other community events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for leads, prepare proposals and close contracts for both game day and non-game day functions.
- Coordinate availability of all hospitality areas with staff.
- Create relationships with clients to understand and fulfill their needs.
- Follow up on bookings leading up to event to ensure menus have been properly submitted.
- Overseeing and participating as necessary in the set-up, execution and close of all events.
- Assist in creating menus and pricing for all hospitality areas.
- Hire, train and oversee event staff.
- Collaborate with other members of the staff as and when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years working in food and beverage event and hospitality sales, preferably at the manager level.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to present a positive and professional image of the organization.
- Passionate about events.
- Able to work both individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft office suite.
- Successful completion of pre-employment comprehensive background check.
- Must be legally authorized or able to obtain authorization to work in the US.
The information contained in this job description is not exhaustive of all the duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. At the discretion of management, duties and responsibilities may change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons at any time.
Wichita Wind Surge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law.