“A welcomed guest in every seat; a treasured memory for ever guest.” That’s our vision. We believe that the best way to welcome our guests and to make sure they leave with a treasured memory is to hire and train great people and empower them to put the guest first. It all starts at the top with our leadership putting employees first and providing them with the training and tools they need to be successful.
The General Manager/Director of Food and Beverage will be expected to hire, train, and lead the food and beverage team for all Sutter Health Park events that include River Cats baseball games, concerts, festivals, graduations, and various other live events. With the right people, superior training, and great products, we believe the financial results will speak for themselves.
- Trains and/or oversees training of Concessions Manager, Executive Chef, and Premium Manager.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Interview and hire foodservice employees.
- Coordinate with clients all food service activities, including disposition and resolution of problems.
- Assist Senior Management in developing, interpreting and implementing company policies.
- Ensure employee compliance with established company practices.
- Direct, train, and develop food service staff to deliver world class service in all aspects of the operation that exceeds expectations of our guests, clients and partners.
- Coordinate daily operations according to the organization’s standards.
- Conduct operations studies to clarify and correct procedural problems.
- Assist in reviewing the feasibility of new or revised operating systems and procedures.
- Maintain records and files.
- Ensure license agreements are returned properly signed and credit applications are completed and returned in advance.
- Prepare and manage budgets and forecast revenue based on confirmed bookings and potential sales.
- Coordinate menus and pricing with executive chef or corporate chef.
- Attend events or meetings to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Establish and meet budgetary guidelines.
- Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
- Minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Coordinate with all departments by attending staff meetings.
- Ensure that the stadium food operations both internally and externally is ready for games and all other Sutter Health Park events and that it is presentable year-round for ballpark visitors.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Previous experience managing and overseeing food and beverage at a ballpark, stadium or some type of entertainment facility required.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi task.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must give direction and lead a team of people.
- Must be able to work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.