Job Title: Executive Chef
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Vice President of Ballpark Experience
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for any and all kitchens in a foodservice establishment, ensuring all kitchens provide nutritious, safe, eye-appealing, properly flavored food, maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for all employees.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, reward and discipline kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Orient and train kitchen personnel in property and department rules, policies and procedures.
- Establish and train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices.
- Establish quality standards for food production.
- Plan and price menus.
- Schedule kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget.
- Maintain payroll records for submission to payroll department.
- Control food cost within purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures.
- Train kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery.
- Maintain communication with all departments in order to facilitate the proper handling of event operations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local and industry related culinary trends
- Establish maintenance schedules in conjunction with manufacturer’s instructions for all equipment, provides safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, chemical control, first aid and CPR.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels for all menu items and events.
- Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Standardize portions served and control of food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Supervise period end culinary inventory process and work with VP to troubleshoot when problems arise.
- Manage all Food, Beverage and Labor Cost control to budget within the Culinary operation.
- Manage the rental and operation of all equipment that needs to be used by the concessions operation.
- Help develop new concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of food service.
- Develop operational plan for all events where Premium food services are required.
- Provide culinary support to Storefront operations through preparation of required recipes and products.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Must be able to understand written and oral direction and to communicate with others.
- Must be able to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef. Sports and Entertainment background preferred.
- Must be ServSafe and HACCP certified.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program preferred.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.