The Tacoma Rainiers, the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, are seeking qualified individuals to fill the grounds crew positions for the 2020 season. These positions are seasonal, and paid at the minimum wage rate. The position will report directly to the Head Groundskeeper and assist on game day and non-game day events including, Triple-A Rainiers games, USL Division 2 Tacoma Defiance matches, and NWSL Reign matches. This is a great opportunity to further your sports turf management career to keep up with industry curves such as, a removable mound system and re-grading the surface to accommodate for soccer. This also being a great experience for those just looking to get their foot in door.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in all clay, infield skin, and warning track maintenance
- Assist in flipping the baseball field to a soccer playing surface for Defiance/Reign matches
- Operate equipment for all other cultural practices such as aerating, topdressing, sweeping, sodding, mowing, and watering.
- Irrigation maintenance
- Assist with tarp pulls and tarp removals
- Setting up for Batting Practice as well as other in stadium events
- Learn to recognize and diagnose pests and diseases in this climate
- Watch and take part in the minor league baseball experience
Top candidates will be enrolled in a turf management or sports management program, or have interest in doing so. However, this education is not required. Simply must have a hard work ethic and personal drive to succeed. Looking for quick learners who express interest in sports and are eager to learn as well as have a good time. Previous experience is not required but a bonus. Being able to lift up to 50 lbs and work long and sporadic hours is a must. Having a good attitude and desire to learn are also important!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.