The Reno Aces, Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks is Northern Nevada’s premier professional sports organization located at Greater Nevada Field in the heart of downtown Reno. The Reno Aces pride themselves on honesty, opportunity, memories, and energy and are looking to welcome an employee with those values.
Guest Services Security is responsible for customer relations and crime prevention through direct interaction with vendors, customers, and fellow employees by enforcement of laws, rules, and regulations.
- Acknowledge guests in a friendly and courteous manner in and around the grounds and stadium
- Act as a deterrent for potential incidents in and around the perimeter of the ballpark
- Prevent guests from hurtful damage to themselves or other guests
- Maintain a safe environment for all guests, prevent theft, loitering, scalping tickets, and property damage
- Observe, assist and document all incidents throughout the event
- Identify and appropriately deal with intoxicated individuals per protocol
- Knowledge of facility locations and services offered
- Check bags, backpacks and coolers as guests enter ballpark
- Scan fans with a metal detecting wand to prevent weapons from entering the ballpark
- Act as traffic control to assist fans with parking in designated lots on gamedays
- Other duties as assigned
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Alcohol Awareness Card
- Effective verbal communication skills and able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos
- Be able to work effectively with the public, other team members and supervisors in a diplomatic manner
- Work in fast-paced environment
- Must be able to attend pre-game production meetings (90 minutes prior to first pitch)
- Commitment to working game days, which may include nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Flexibility to work long hours, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Must have close, distant and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.