The Omaha Storm Chasers Gameday Intern position is geared towards college students interested in exploring a career in the sports industry. This position will have the opportunity to work in various gameday departments, including event presentation, promotions, amusements, usher, parking, ticket operations, retail, and mascots. This is a paid internship, and gameday interns will be expected to work all home games in the 2021 season (approximately 250-300 hours). Ideal candidates will be available to begin their internship in late March/early April and work through the end of the season.
Preferred Internship Qualifications:
- A desire to learn about a Minor League Baseball team’s gameday operations
- A desire to excel in the team sports industry and a commitment to career development
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Available to work non-traditional work hours and be on time
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Must feel comfortable in front of large crowds
- Must be able to lift or push at least 25 pounds
- Able to handle cash and make change accurately.
- Attention to detail and safety of fans
- Knowledge of the game of baseball is preferred
- Must be able to follow directions, as well as work independently
- Ability to easily stand for extended periods of time and move up and down stairs
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions including; cold, wind, rain and heat
- This job operates in an environment located at a ballpark.
- This job may require extended periods of standing.
- This job occasionally requires light lifting and moving of fixtures.
- Performance of this job may require exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify: This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify: Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9.
E-Verify Works for Everyone / E-Verify Funciona Para Todos dhs.gov/e-verify