The Director of Operations will oversee the stadium operations, ballpark cleanliness, security, and parking operations ensuring that the stadium is always show ready, organized, and fully operational for all events year round. We are looking for someone who is focused on the guest experience, has a functioning knowledge of how stadiums operate, and can help navigate future projects such as ballpark improvements and energy efficiencies.
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental staff.
- Organizes and oversees the work and scheduling of staff in each department.
- Manage and oversee the annual budgets for the following departments: Stadium Operations and Parking.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance, and operations; meet with staff and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate methods and procedures.
- Collaborate with outside contractors (including cleaning) and vendors.
- Understand, establish, and manage budgets of each of the above departments
- Determine, plan, and oversee appropriate capital expenditure projects needed to continually enhance the stadium.
- Work closely with local governing officials, local law enforcement, and Fire/Medical to ensure a safe environment for guests and employees.
- Act as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies as the “Company Representative.”
- Direct all operations and cleaning staff to constantly maintain stadium cleanliness.
- Works closely with human resources regarding safety measures and helps educate staff.
- Ensure compliance with League and industry standard and practices.
- Direct, train and develop Stadium Operations and Parking staff to deliver world class service in all aspects of the operation that exceeds expectations of our guests, clients and partners.
- Manage and control labor and utility costs.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience managing a team of people.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, mentor and evaluate staff.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate duties as necessary.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi task.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills pertaining to Outlook, Excel and Word plus company time management system.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours as required, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and periodic holidays.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years previous experience in Stadium Operations.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.