Game Entertainment Department
Game Entertainment Intern - Tacoma Rainiers Baseball Club (Tacoma, WA)
Reporting to the Game Entertainment Director, this position will support the creative & administrative sides of putting on a great show for fans at Cheney Stadium. This role is designed to provide an educational and integrated learning experience for students to advance their careers in the entertainment world and professional baseball. As a Game Entertainment Intern, you will work to help design entertainment scripts for Rainiers games, execute a world class show in-between game play, assist in the coordination of a mascot appearance schedule, and more. You will also work closely with multiple internal departments, including Corporate Partner Sales, Graphic Design, Marketing, & Ticketing and Stadium Operations.
- Work with Game Entertainment Director and staff to execute game day script
- Assist in direction of on-field entertainment
- Assist in the creation of entertainment concepts, materials, props, etc.
- Assist in the composition of PA scripts
- Assist in the maintenance of mascot appearance schedule
- Responsible for managing mascot calendar
- Actively seeking opportunities for mascot & overall Rainiers community exposure
- Support in the accompaniment of mascot to schools, charity events, community events
- This is a non-paid position for the Tacoma Rainiers 2019 season
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and able to receive course credit from an accredited university or college in a related field (i.e. sport management, entertainment, business, marketing, advertising, communications, hospitality, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop strong working relationships with partners, coworkers and other stakeholders
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and have decision-making ability
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Do you have experience in entertainment? Please explain.
- Why are you the best fit for this position?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.