The Round Rock Express is looking to hire a team of in-game promotions assistants and community relations seasonal staff. This is an ideal position for a college student during the summer!
Here is what you will do:
- Serve as an ambassador for the Express both at games and at events in the community
- Ensure proper execution of Express events and promotional game day elements
- Lead ballpark tours for guests of all ages
- Provide a high level of customer service to fans, season ticket members and sponsors
- Be a part of our mascot program for community events in rotation with fellow team members
- Participate in game day setup including securing props, distributing giveaway items, decorating for theme nights, printing materials and staffing check-ins
- Represent the Express in the community by delivering marketing collateral to local businesses and meeting with people.
- Complete other miscellaneous projects as instructed by management; may include tasks such as cutting flyers, laminating, data entry, making goody bags, etc.
The position offers the following:
- Hourly salary
- Career related hands on experience learning how to manage community marketing initiatives. and in-game promotions that connect to sponsorship fulfillment.
- This is a fun, fast-paced seasonal opportunity that will add real work experience to your resume.
- We will assist with a college credit if needed.
- Additionally, you’ll gain valuable experience in the baseball industry, and the opportunity to work closely with all members of the Express front office!
- College Junior/Senior or a recent graduate who has the ability work our entire season from late April (prep time) to September.
- Flexible schedule for nights, weekends and holidays during the baseball season
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and maintain organization.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to be able to move items physically.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
Due to the number of applicants we normally see in this role, candidates who contact us directly will be automatically disqualified. The team looks at all candidates and assesses the skill sets of each person and reaches out judiciously for this position. Please do not contact us via email or phone, and allow the process of applicant selection to play out using this site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.