Salary: Salary for this position is commensurate with education and job experience.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The purpose of the position is to perform daily accounting, payroll and administrative functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Process and prepare accounts payable invoices.
- Verify & post entries to general ledger accounts; run trail balances.
- Detail processing for accounts receivable and collection calls for outstanding payments.
- Process Box Office ticket reports and record transactions.
- Facilitate month-end, quarter-end and year-end close tasks.
within the accounting team.
- Assist with developing and maintaining standard operating procedures for accounting & procurement.
- Assist with payroll processing and recording of payroll entries
- Facilitate onboarding of new employees with departments and payroll
- Provide financial reporting as requested by management
- Apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and auditing work.
- Assist with audit and tax filing reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Strong planning skills: Able to manage multiple projects; determines project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks.
- Excellent relationship management: Able to develop rapport and positive professional relationships with others; builds and maintains long-term associations; helps others.
- Ability to prioritize: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the relative urgency of various issues; appropriately classifies in terms of time sensitivity, impact, complexity, importance, etc.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- 2 - 3 years of professional accounting experience
- Some experience in the sports industry preferred but not required.
- Four-year degree in accounting from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a closely related field.
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Paychex preferred.
- Excellent with use of Excel, Microsoft Office, and Outlook computer skills required.
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.