- The Turf Maintenance Seasonal Associate assists with repairing and maintaining the Werner Park playing surface and its surrounding components as a safe, first-class baseball field by performing daily turf, dirt and water management; game preparation and short and long-term maintenance planning.
In Season Responsibilities:
- Assists with the maintenance and repair of the playing field that includes, but is not limited to turf (mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerating, top-dressing, over-seeding, discovery/control of weeds, insects, and diseases) and dirt (infield skin, baselines, home plate, pitcher’s mound, bullpens, warning track) management
- Assists with controlling the entire irrigation system including proper water management of the playing surface and outside landscape, periodic maintenance checks, repairing of leaking lines or valves, and winterization.
- Assists with overseeing the preparation of the playing field for pre-game batting practice by setting up cage, screens, mats, and protective field covers
- Oversee the preparation of the playing field for game use by grooming field, chalking base path foul lines, painting outfield foul lines, marking coaching boxes
- Assists with managing all turf and landscaped areas in and outside the stadium grounds
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or progress towards a degree in Turf Management, Agronomy or related field preferred
- Prior turf maintenance or grounds keeping experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for organizational business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner and keep in excellent working condition
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.