Summary: The Ballpark Operations Manager ensures Werner Park is operational daily for day-to-day work as well as events. Responsibilities include coordination of janitorial, first aid and security services. This position does not include groundskeeping.
In Season Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned group of employees including full time non-exempt, seasonal non-exempt and game day PT staff
- Ensure staffing requirements are met and proper work assignments are maintained
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned departments
- Responsible for coordination of general facility maintenance including inspections, monitoring, security and preventative processes throughout the facility.
- Perform regular stadium inspections, identify projects that need to be completed, determine if projects can be completed or need to be outsourced
- Lead improvement projects to increase safety, efficiencies and capacity, ensure projects are scheduled to minimize conflicts with event schedule
- Maintain a working knowledge of all operating systems
- Supervise vendor personnel in the performance of facility maintenance and janitorial services
- Oversee installation of signage
- Order and maintain all supplies and equipment
- Compliance with all OSHA regulations and other government safety regulations
- Maintain open lines of communication with Sarpy County on day-to-day needs as well as long-term capital needs of Werner Park
- Work with sales staff to ensure all inventory sold in the facility is updated and in compliance with MLB standards
- Manage projects as assigned
Game Day Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned vendors
- Assist with client and fan entertainment
- Manage game day employees
- Assist other departments when necessary
Off Season Responsibilities:
- Coordinate seasonal shut down and startup of the facility
- Assist with capital projects and improvements
- Develop policies and procedures for assigned departments
- Coordinate snow removal
- Collaborate with other departments to build and strengthen relationships with corporate partners, the media, the fans and the community
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Facility Management or related field preferred; Relevant experience instead of degree will be considered.
- At least two years of prior management and leadership experience preferred
- Experience negotiating contracts preferred
- Experience in managing budgets preferred
- Prior maintenance and project management experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing and carpentry preferred
- Knowledge of ballpark operations preferred
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for organizational business
- Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights, weekends and holidays
This job is performed in a ballpark and therefore there is possible exposure to extreme weather conditions. This individual will operate heavy machinery and power tools.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify: This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify: Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9.
E-Verify Works for Everyone / E-Verify Funciona Para Todos dhs.gov/e-verify
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.