The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Pacific Coast League Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past seven years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club prior to the 2017 season. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, the Budweiser Deck (accommodates 150 guests in an exclusive hospitality area), and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all of minor-league baseball.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have won back-to-back American Northern Division Championships and were the American Conference Champions in 2016. And as a city, Oklahoma City was recently ranked in the top-10 by Business Insider as one of the most popular places to live in the United States and by Forbes as one of the top metro areas for wage growth.
To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark – located in a city on the rise.
The Vice President, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for generating new partnership revenue opportunities for the team. This position will be responsible for growing its own book of business through participation in local business groups, cold-calling, canvassing, networking, existing ticket holders, and referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, implement and execute annual partnership objectives.
- Responsible for development of new partnership prospects on a local, regional and national level to build and manage a sustained pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop and execute the delivery and presentation of partnership proposals.
- Identify and cultivate new revenue opportunities through the enhancement of existing partnerships and the renewal of expiring agreements.
- Lead the management and oversight of at least one other business development executive.
- Work closely with the Partner Services Department to develop strong relationships with partners, develop custom promotions for prospects and clients and align the strategy for execution with the partner objectives.
- Identify, craft and market opportunities related to third party events hosted at the venue such as collegiate baseball, WinterFest, OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation events and other non-baseball events.
- Assist in developing annual revenue budget and manage the annual expense budget related to sales activities.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and management communication in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acts as liaison with other departments on partnership programs; departments to include game presentation and ticketing.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for partnership efforts managed through the Minor League Baseball Enterprises.
- Work directly with the Los Angeles Dodgers sponsorship sales team on creating opportunities to market together.
- Work in an environment that demands personal accountability and professionalism.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualities and Traits of an Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of sales and relationship development experience in media, marketing or sponsorship
- Strong working knowledge of local and regional sponsorships and brand activation
- Evident working knowledge of the sales process and strong general sales acumen, as well as superior relationship development and account management skills
- Ability to manage, train and lead a business development team
- Previous CRM experience (KORE, Dynamics)
- Desire to ask questions, learn and constantly improve
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Ability to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary
- Ability to balance internal priorities with client expectations
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays)