WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards and winning Ballpark Digest’s Best of the Ballparks award in 2020.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past several years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club and unique private hospitality spaces including the Baseline Patio, Party Porch, and 405 Club. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all minor-league baseball.
The Dodgers are part of Diamond Baseball Holdings, a group that owns several Minor League Baseball teams and a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company. Endeavor’s holdings also include UFC as well as global sports, events, and talent management company IMG. Baseball teams owned by Diamond Baseball Holdings include affiliates of the most iconic franchises in Major League Baseball, including the Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, and San Francisco Giants.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have been affiliated with the 2020 World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers since 2015. As a city, Oklahoma City continues to grow, ranking as the sixth-fastest growing city among the largest 25 cities in the country. To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark, and we’re located in a city on the rise.
The goal of the OKC Dodgers Brand Ambassador Program is to provide college students or recent graduates with well-rounded experience working in multiple areas of a front office. Upon completion of this program, you will have direction for where you want to take your career as well as applicable experience to build a strong resume. This role will require willingness to work Dodgers home games, in addition to scheduled office hours and non-game day events that often take place in the evenings or on weekends when the Dodgers are out of town. The total number of events may vary depending on time of year.
- Primary hours will be 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on days with Dodgers home games.
- Primary hours in office will vary but normally between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Hours will vary, with opportunities to work additional hours, whether during business hours or events/games on nights, weekends, holidays, etc. Events often will occur on weekends when the Dodgers are out of town.
- OKC Dodgers Brand Ambassador must be able to attend multiple preseason training sessions.
- Additional monthly training sessions will be scheduled to cover organizational structure of the Dodgers, organizational philosophies, responsibilities of Partner Services department, education on other departments within the Dodgers, etc.
- Act as nightly tour guide to small groups of fans prior to Dodgers games.
- Execute other game night duties as directed, including but not limited to: concourse kiosk, partner tabling set-up, assist with pre-game ceremonies, mobile ticket assistance and ticket information booth, in-game team store sales, etc.
- Assist with special events such as baseball clinics, festivals, company parties, etc.
- Execute other office duties as directed, including but not limited to: organizing photographs, sales phone calls, processing invoices, CRM maintenance, monthly proof of performance for partners, OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation program development and evaluations, etc.
- Know the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to take on extra tasks and show willingness to accomplish additional projects when assignments have been completed.
- Assist with on- and off-site mascot appearances around the community.
- Attend all organized intern-related functions and training sessions.
- Make decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy.
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Adhere to appropriate work attire standards. Dodgers polo shirt will be provided.
- Availability and willingness to work extended and flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call for events as necessary.
Enthusiastic college student interested in working in the field of sports marketing or management. OKC Dodgers Brand Ambassador should enjoy working with and meeting a variety of people and be willing to work extra hours as needed in a fast-paced environment.
Start Date: March 2022
Completion Date: October 2022