Provide entertainment as our mascot, Brix or Brooklyn, at all 72 home games, playoffs, and outside community appearances throughout the year. During games, the mascot will meet and greet fans, work closely with the Blue Crüe during on-field games, and take pictures with fans to enhance the all-around game experience. The mascot will also be available for outside events to interact and create a positive, fun environment.
The mascot accepts the responsibility that they are a representative of the Oklahoma City Dodgers, and in doing so also commits to perform in accordance with the standards and expectations of the organization. The mascot is an exciting and integral part of the in-game entertainment experience and a key component in the Dodgers community outreach initiatives. The mascot is a highly visible representative of the club and must possess unparalleled excitement and enthusiasm for the Dodgers and our fans.
Job function will include but is not limited to:
- Performing as Brix or Brooklyn at all 72 home games, plus playoffs and outside community appearances and events as needed.
- Interacting in character with fans and working closely with Blue Crüe to perform on-field games and enhance the all-around experience for fans on the concourse and plazas.
- Preserving the identity of the mascot without deviating from established character including body language/mannerisms and attitude.
- Striving to continually improve existing on-field skits and assist in leading preseason and in-season training with other mascots and Blue Crüe.
- Leading the development and execution of new skits and game presentation ideas to be performed during Dodgers games.
- Assistance in maintenance of mascot costumes and Blue Crüe props, and more.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and attend outside events throughout the week.
Skills, Traits, Qualification:
- Due to costume restrictions, candidates must stand at least 5-foot-7 but no more than 6-foot-2.
- Punctuality is mandatory. Availablity to work flexible hours.
- Fan-friendly and outgoing.
- Must work well with children and fellow staff members at any event.
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
- Creative, ambitious, energetic personality with the ability to motivate others
- Well-organized, flexible, and works well in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate is in good physical condition, highly energetic, athletic, and have some performance background.