The Manager of Merchandising will be responsible for all Oklahoma City Dodgers, team store retail strategies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maximizing sales revenue and profit, creating operational efficiencies, hiring and training store team members, providing excellent customer service, protecting and securing assets/inventory, and generating a positive shopping environment for unsurpassed customer service.
- Hire, supervise and direct team store staff.
- Develop and execute a profitable customer-focused merchandise and retail strategy while enhancing the customer experience.
- Analyze operational efficiencies, customer service levels, and product sales/trends.
- Utilize all technological resources and tools to assure best practices.
- Ensure staff is held accountable for achieving sales goals and plans.
- Maximize fan satisfaction by assuring focus of staff is always customer service based.
- Be proactive with current trends, cycles and awareness of inventory.
- Manage online sales, inventory, product placement and online store functionality.
- Train and develop store staff in an effort to assure superior selling, unsurpassed customer service, and effective operational skills.
- Create monthly team member contests and incentive programs that drive sales and motivate individuals.
- Hold staff accountable for results.
- Manage store opening, closing, balancing and banking procedures.
- Maintain vendor relationships and act as buyer for all store products.
- Maintain strict inventory control standards and ensure inventory is consistently counted for accuracy.
- Assure the focus of the store staff is always on accuracy with regards to stock/inventory.
- Ensure product quality meets merchandising expectations.
- Ensure store cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep meets and exceeds the defined standards and expectations throughout the retail store/portables.
- 4 year college degree preferred but not required.
- 2-4 years of retail experience concentrated in store management, labor management and/or inventory management (preferably in a sports entertainment, specialty retail store, or a department store environment.)
- Must be customer service oriented with a passion for achieving goals and operating a highly professional sports store.
- Familiarity with inventory control procedures and policies.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong people skills and be able to motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer knowledge and/or experience including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, POS system
- General knowledge and experience navigating the Internet.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to work extended hours based on facility event schedules, workload and deadlines.
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Required to work extended periods walking and standing, frequently bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and light load carrying.
- Required game-day duties as dictated by job responsibilities and workload.
- Ability to work the required events which may include but are not limited to baseball games and other special events.
- Game-day hour requirement: minimum of 2.5 hours prior to facility opening (gates) and one-hour post event and/or as dictated by job responsibilities and workload.
- Non-game hours should be compliant and consistent with front office hours and/or store operations hours, and /or as dictated by job responsibilities and workload.