The Oklahoma City Dodgers are looking for a graphic designer to work as a member of the Dodgers Marketing Department and assist with the creation of content for Dodgers games, as well as various year-round events at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, located in the heart of the Bricktown entertainment district in downtown Oklahoma City.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for supporting and developing concepts and designs on numerous projects for a variety of departments, including ticketing, corporate partnerships, events, and game presentation, and will work closely with management to produce high-quality content to achieve each department’s objectives.
We're looking for talented, creative, positive, and curious individuals who are ready to contribute to one of the top organizations at one of the premier facilities in Minor League Baseball. The Dodgers brand is one of the most iconic brands in all of sports, and we want you to be part of something special!
If you're ready to bring your creativity and positive attitude to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, then raise your hand and let us know what you're all about!
WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE DESIGNING FOR?
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards and winning Ballpark Digest’s Best of the Ballparks award in 2020.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past several years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club and unique private hospitality spaces including the Baseline Patio, Party Porch, and 405 Club. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all minor-league baseball.
The Dodgers are part of Diamond Baseball Holdings, a group that owns several Minor League Baseball teams and a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company. Endeavor’s holdings also include UFC as well as global sports, events, and talent management company IMG. Baseball teams owned by Diamond Baseball Holdings include affiliates of the most iconic franchises in Major League Baseball, including the Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, and San Francisco Giants.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have been affiliated with the 2020 World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers since 2015. As a city, Oklahoma City continues to grow, ranking as the sixth-fastest growing city among the largest 25 cities in the country. To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark, and we’re located in a city on the rise.
Projects may include:
- Design graphics for all marketing avenues and mediums, including social media, emails, digital marketing, team websites and more.
- Assist in developing videoboard content for in-game entertainment, including creative for partnership activations, entertainment and mascot skits, and more.
- Create content for annual reports and stakeholder communication.
- Design mockups for partnership proposals.
- Develop collateral for other departments, including Ticketing, Partnerships, and Special Events.
- Design of digital PlayBall! gameday program.
Job function includes but is not limited to:
- Exploratory meetings with internal clients including Ticket Sales, Partnership Sales and Services, Special Events, Communications, and Game Presentation.
- Maintain a working list of current and pending jobs with the expectation to complete all submitted projects in a timely manner.
- Create and design high-quality graphics that are consistently focused on the Oklahoma City Dodgers’ organizational expectations and Five Core Business Strategies.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts for visual and written content with other members of the creative team and internal clients.
- Ability to multi-task by working on several projects at once, occasionally under tight deadlines.
- Inherent curiosity and desire to learn and grow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- An online portfolio.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multimedia-driven creative environment.
- Knowledge of HTML and web design is preferred but not required.
- Highly creative, imaginative, and a self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.