If your passion is growing future leaders while driving revenue results, that's good; you're in the right spot. If it isn’t, you shouldn't waste your time reading the rest of this job description.
TWO OUT OF THREE DOESN’T WORK
To be considered for the Director of Ticket Sales role you need to answer 'yes' to each one of these three questions:
- Do I have a strong understanding of the ticket sales process?
- Do I have a powerful desire to teach and learn?
- Am I looking for an opportunity to grow my career with a top-notch organization looking for a positive contributor to our culture and team?
If you say 'yes' to the first two questions, you're on the right track. However, to get a 'yes' on the third question, you are going to have to do some homework. Talk to teams about the resources and training they give. Tossing you into the management fire is not our approach. We feel that those who manage our talented salespeople need to be continuous teachers and willing to learn from any opportunity. At the Oklahoma City Dodgers, ticket sales is the lifeblood of our business. Right now, business is good, but we want you to help us be great.
WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards and winning Ballpark Digest’s Best of the Ballparks award in 2020.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past several years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club and unique private hospitality spaces including the Baseline Patio, Party Porch, and 405 Club. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all minor-league baseball.
The Dodgers are part of Diamond Baseball Holdings, a group that owns several Minor League Baseball teams and a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company. Endeavor’s holdings also include UFC as well as global sports, events, and talent management company IMG. Baseball teams owned by Diamond Baseball Holdings include affiliates of the most iconic franchises in Major League Baseball, including the Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, and San Francisco Giants.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have been affiliated with the 2020 World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers since 2015. As a city, Oklahoma City continues to grow, ranking as the sixth-fastest growing city among the largest 25 cities in the country. To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark, and we’re located in a city on the rise.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Evaluate the daily activities of the Sales Team and provide regular feedback, training and coaching during weekly reviews
- Provide guidance on the sales process with every team member, including assistance with prospecting, qualifying potential clients, presenting solutions and attending meetings with everyone on a regular basis
- Identify, recruit, hire and train current and new members of our sales team to build a dynamic sales environment that will accomplish the sales goals of the organization
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of the organization’s various sales campaigns and offerings and provide recommendations for further improvement when necessary
- Actively solicit feedback from existing clients and use this information to develop additional benefits, address concerns and improve the ticket offerings for our customers
- Work to identify new key community relationships or partnerships that will assist in developing new opportunities.
- Represent the organization in the community at various events and programming
- Actively remain aware of trends and developments within our league and industry and provide ideas and insights to improve our ticket sales portfolio
- Model and enforce the Five Core Business Strategies and Team Operating Principles
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in ticket sales
- 2+ years of experience in ticket sales management
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, marketing, business, or a related field
- Proven ability to develop and train sales staff
- Strong time management and organization skills
- High personal accountability
- Ability to communicate articulately and confidently both verbally and in writing with individuals at every level
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment while prioritizing and leading multiple tasks/projects at the same time
- Able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays