WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are the Triple-A Affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is located in the Bricktown entertainment district of downtown Oklahoma City and is consistently ranked among the top minor league ballparks in the country, including being named in the top-10 out of 160 MiLB parks nationwide in USA Today’s Readers’ Choice awards and winning Ballpark Digest’s Best of the Ballparks award in 2020.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark has seen more than $8 million in improvements and additions over the past several years, including a six-figure renovation to the Oklahoma Fidelity Bank Club and unique private hospitality spaces including the Baseline Patio, Party Porch, and 405 Club. Other improvements include a 185-foot LED wall in left field, and a massive, high-definition video board – one of the 10 largest in all minor-league baseball.
The Dodgers are part of Diamond Baseball Holdings, a group that owns several Minor League Baseball teams and a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company. Endeavor’s holdings also include UFC as well as global sports, events, and talent management company IMG. Baseball teams owned by Diamond Baseball Holdings include affiliates of the most iconic franchises in Major League Baseball, including the Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, and San Francisco Giants.
On the field, the OKC Dodgers are the beneficiaries of one of the deepest organizations in all of baseball and have been affiliated with the 2020 World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers since 2015. As a city, Oklahoma City continues to grow, ranking as the sixth-fastest growing city among the largest 25 cities in the country. To sum it all up: we’re a successful team with an iconic brand, a growing fanbase, and a beautiful ballpark, and we’re located in a city on the rise.
The Vice President, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for generating new partnership revenue opportunities for the team. This position will be responsible for growing its own book of business through participation in local business groups, cold-calling, canvassing, networking, existing ticket holders, and referrals. Additionally, this position will oversee the Partner Services team related to the execution and fulfillment of partner agreements on behalf of the team. With a focus on high-level execution and the creation of unique marketing opportunities for the team’s partners, this role will be responsible for overseeing the department budget, development of team & partner promotions, and leadership of a first-class and professional staff. This role will report directly to the President/General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, implement and execute annual partnership objectives
- Responsible for development of new partnership prospects on a local, regional and national level to build and manage a sustained pipeline of opportunities
- Develop and execute the delivery and presentation of partnership proposals
- Identify and cultivate new revenue opportunities through the enhancement of existing partnerships and the renewal of expiring agreements
- Identify, craft and market opportunities related to third party events hosted at the venue such as collegiate baseball, WinterFest, OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation events and other non-baseball events
- Develop the annual revenue budget and manage the annual expense budget related to sales and fulfillment activities
- Prepare weekly sales & pipeline reports and management communication in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead the management and oversight of at least one other business development executive and two Partner Services Coordinators
- Lead the Partner Services team to develop strong relationships with partners, create custom promotions for prospects and clients and align the strategy for execution with the partner objectives
- Consistently brainstorm and review new ideas for partners, sales materials, new partnerships and internal process improvement
- Act as liaison with other departments on partnership programs; departments to include game presentation, marketing and ticketing
- Support partners and other guests in the stadium at games and other events
- Work most home games (including nights, weekends and holidays)
- Enact partner plaza events and concourse promotions before and during games
- Act as the primary point of contact for partnership efforts managed through the Major League Baseball
- Work tirelessly to find opportunities to over-deliver on value for partners
- Model and enforce the Five Business Strategies and Organizational Operating Principles
- Other related duties as required
QUALITIES AND TRAITS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 8+ years of sales and relationship development experience in media, marketing or sponsorship
- Strong working knowledge of local and regional sponsorships and brand activation
- Evident working knowledge of the sales process and strong general sales acumen, as well as superior relationship development and account management skills
- Ability to manage, train and lead a business development & partner activation team
- Previous CRM experience (KORE, Dynamics)
- Desire to ask questions, learn and constantly improve
- Responds positively to an environment that demands personal accountability and professionalism
- Ability to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary
- Ability to balance internal priorities with client expectations
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays)