The Memphis Redbirds are seeking enthusiastic, driven, and energetic individuals to join our marketing & sales team. This entry level, part-time position is responsible for assisting the Ticket Sales Department in reaching sales goals through outbound calls to local churches, schools, and organizations in an effort to sell season memberships, suites and group outings at AutoZone Park.
The main function of these positions will be to assist in the off-season renewal process and coordinate the majority of Education Day and school-related groups for the 2019 season. Providing superior customer service is critical in every interaction with potential or current Guests of the ballpark. Selected candidates must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends throughout the spring and summer. This is a seasonal position that runs from January through the end of September.
- Make 75-100 outbound calls per day to individuals and businesses.
- Develop new leads through cold calling, utilization of CRM, and referrals from clients.
- Renew and service designated group outings from 2018 season.
- Develop, plan and sell Group Theme Nights
- Sell, coordinate, and execute new group outings.
- Assist the Box Office on daily basis
- Focus on the selling of all group outing options that relate to schools (i.e. Education Day field trips, National Anthem/God Bless America performances, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential clients.
- Actively research and prospect new sales leads.
- Handle incoming calls from prospective and existing clients.
- Be on call to push/pull tarp and set-up Saturday/holiday fireworks.
- Assist other departments on as needed basis
- Represent the Organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or working toward degree
- Absolutely must be self-starter
- Min 1 year of experience in sales or sports
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interest in baseball & sports
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.