Provide entertainment as our mascot, Sox the Fox, at some of our 72 home games, plus playoffs, and outside community appearances. During games, meet and greet fans, work closely with the Promo Team during on-field games, and take pictures with fans to enhance all-around game experience. Team mascot must be an outgoing individual who works well with others, including children and fans of all ages. Must be in good physical condition to both wear the large Sox head and stand or walk for extended periods of time. Applicants for the position of mascot must be motivated in generating team spirit.
· Have enthusiastic and high energy at all times to keep the entertainment level high.
· Flexibility to work nights and weekends
· Develop, create and execute skits to be performed on the field or dugouts to enhance the game day experience for Sky Sox fans.
· Preserve the identity of the mascot without deviating from established character including: body language/mannerisms, attitude, fan interaction, and team representation.
· Work well in a team environment.
· Administer costume maintenance and cleaning on a regular basis.
Mascot must develop the character of the mascot for the team. They must work in conjunction with Sky Sox public relations, sales, community relations and game operations departments. They may also distribute promotional items, like T-shirts and calendars, at special events. Mascot will be required to maintain the integrity of the costume, including cleaning and repair.
· Flexible work schedule; must be available some nights and weekends.
· Previous experience as a mascot.
· Must be in a good physical shape.
· Cheerleading, Dance, Gymnastics or other high energy physical experience preferred.
· Available for 3-4 hours per game day and 1-3 hours per outside community event.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.