System Administrator - The Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Information Technology
Works with the Director to identify and define Information Technology objectives for the company and works with outside technology resources and internal staff to implement systems to achieve these objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assume primary responsibility for securing all aspects of Information Technology including user accounts, wired and wireless endpoint devices, servers, network devices, and data repositories.
- Collaborate with the Services Operations Manager to maintain a level of understanding of those areas to provide supplemental cross coverage on a regular daily basis.
- Provide IT Manager on Duty coverage, both on site and remote on call, on a rotating shared basis to cover defined hours of operation which will include events and games.
- Work with Major League Baseball to implement components of the Information Security Initiative.
- Monitor all data and telecom systems for proper performance and potential security issues.
- Analyze potential security issues and engage outside support as required.
- Work with the other IT managers and technicians on the administration of network and email systems including maintenance of user accounts.
- Assume lead role in systems projects as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Technical aptitude and understanding.
- Project management skills.
- Networking and telecommunications knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and all other levels of end users in both oral and written form.
- Maintain positive attitude to inspire user confidence even in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to identify, research, and test new systems for possible deployment within the company to address a business need or improve a process.
- Must be able to lift 25 Lbs.
- Flexible schedule.
- Some travel required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related discipline from an accredited 4-year college or university and 5 to 10 years of related experience.
Submit resume and cover letter to this post
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.