Sarasota Strength & Conditioning Coach - Full Time - The Baltimore Orioles (Sarasota · FL)
- Oversee the daily administration and management of the strength and conditioning program.
- Supervise and instruct weight training and conditioning program.
- Ability to implement foundational program in areas including but not limited to sleep, nutrition, establishing base strength movements, and understanding of training.
- Conduct activity outside of the weight room such as warm up, pre-practice routines, post-game routines.
- Manage organizational data within athlete management systems and apps. Complete reports using the data on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Carry out the organization’s sports science programs including VBT, GPS tech, speed gates, strength and mobility assessment tools.
- Conduct movement and power testing on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis and adhere to the strength and conditioning department’s testing guidelines.
- Communicate with Strength & Conditioning Coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
- Collaborate with team medical and coaching staff.
- Communicate and monitor players’ off-season strength and conditioning programs.
- Will work out of Twin Lakes Park and Ed Smith complexes in Sarasota, FL during spring training and instructional league.
- Will work in Aberdeen, Maryland during the 2021 Minor League Season.
- May be required to travel to organizational meetings and seminars.
- Possess the characteristics of someone who is collaborative and maintain a growth mindset.
- Desire to further one’s abilities and knowledge within strength and conditioning, sport science, baseball and computer science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Strength and conditioning specialist certification (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) required.
- CPR/First Aid certified required.
- Base level computer software skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Growth Mindset
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Previous baseball experience.
- FMS and OnBaseU/TPI Certification
- Experience with technologies such as Catapult, Nordbord, GymAware
- Experience with Athlete Management Systems
- Knowledge of PRI, FMS, Velocity Based Training, Workloads
- Ability to collaborate with all departments within a baseball organization
- Bilingual (English & Spanish).
- Availability to live in Sarasota, FL in the off season.
Do you have a Master Degree in Exercise Science or related field?
Do you have prior MLB experience?
Do you have the FMS and OnBaseU/TPI Certification?
Do you have experience with technologies such as Catapult, Nordbord, GymAware?
Do you have experience with Athlete Management Systems?
Describe your knowledge of PRI, FMS, Velocity Based Training, Workloads
Are you Bilingual (English & Spanish)?
Do you have availability to live in Sarasota, FL in the offseason?