Minor League Nutrition Fellow - The Baltimore Orioles (Sarasota · FL)
The Baltimore Orioles Jobs
Jobs in Sarasota · FL
Player Operations: Nutritionist
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
JOB TITLE: Minor League Nutrition Fellow
DEPARTMENT: Strength & Performance
LOCATION: Sarasota, Florida
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a Minor League Nutrition Fellow for the 2023 Major League Baseball Championship season.
- Work within the Strength and Performance Department to promote its philosophy and achieve team goals
- Analyze nutritional habits, body composition, and recovery habits of rehab and lower-level players to enhance and maintain athletic performance.
- Conduct nutrition consultations to provide individualized nutrition strategies for players.
- Work with athletes directly through referrals from strength and performance coaches based on recovery, body composition, strength/power, organizational needs, or fueling needs.
- Work with the medical and performance team to provide medical nutrition therapy, and help to manage and monitor medical conditions as well as illness & injury recovery.
- Aid in organizing the NSF supplementation program and policies at FCL and DSL levels, and ensure that players are educated on NSF certified supplementation.
- Consistently meet with chefs in Florida to maintain optimal menu and meal delivery.
- Work with catering managers to oversee menu selections for the Florida and Dominican complexes.
- Collaborate with the Performance Dietitian Contractor, along with field staff and coaches to aid in continuing the nutritional and sleep initiatives throughout the organization.
- Obtain Body Composition data for minor league players.
- Translate the latest scientific evidence into practical sports nutrition recommendations.
- Hours may include nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in dietetics or nutrition field
- Registered Dietician (RD) or on track to obtain certification
- Maryland state licensure
- Experience in team settings working with meals, educational programs, and individual needs
- Proficiency in medical and metabolic nutritional therapy in relation to sports medicine
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with players and staff
- Knowledge of NSF products and Milb/MLB rules and regulations
- Comfortability in ISAK and skinfold body composition measurements
- Spanish speaking capabilities preferred
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.