Manager, Advertising & Broadcasting
Baltimore Orioles seek a Manager, Advertising & Broadcasting, reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Product Development, to execute and oversee the team’s advertising and marketing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build advertising strategies to promote team initiatives, events, programs and ticket sales across multiple channels in support of the overall strategic marketing plan;
- Assisting in evaluation, creation and management of advertising budget;
- Review and track all advertising related expenses;
- Developing and implementing effective advertising media mix outreach to reach targeted audiences on internal and external platforms for products, promotions, special events, and other key club initiatives that drive leads, ticket sales and additional key performance indicators;
- Provide strategic media planning support and evaluate and reconcile advertising campaigns on an on-going basis to ensure all materials are placed and running as planned (including placement, copy and creative development, and distribution for: radio & TV, promotional events, digital, print ads and outdoor media);
- Assist in overseeing and managing the creative pipeline and deliverables from initial request to final approval, and production as needed;
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop impactful creative campaigns for all media types to promote products, promotions, special events, and other key club initiatives;
- Review, approve and traffic creative projects with design team in a timely manner and enact a process to maintain brand integrity across all advertising materials and other internal and external communications;
- Manage broadcasting relationships with TV partner Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, as well as Orioles Radio Network including recruitment, affiliate relations, and contract fulfillment;
- Manage schedule, copywriting, and creative development of in-game television and radio broadcast announcements;
- Act as liaison with MLB to receive broadcasting information to share with club personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or another related field;
- 7-10 years of relevant experience including brand/mass marketing, advertising, project/program management;
- Demonstrated experience using hard data and metrics to measure performance and adjust accordingly;
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior management;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment helping bring structure and delivering results;
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills;
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.