JOB TITLE: Jr. Account Executive, Retention and Member Services
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Member Services
SUMMARY: This position will serve as a Jr. Account Representative to current Birdland Members with a focus on retention and servicing to drive revenue through member satisfaction
COMPENSATION: Part-Time, hourly; commission opportunities available
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Display in-depth knowledge of the full range of relevant products and benefits and convey that knowledge to Birdland Members and potential leads.
- Achieve a desired renewal rate from an assigned allotment of current season ticket accounts
- Service these accounts throughout the season; assisting with additional ticketing needs, exchanges, questions, postseason needs, etc.
- Improve year-over-year customer satisfaction through responsiveness, professionalism and positive interaction.
- Ensure customer data and profile requirements are accurately represented in database
- Execute and monitor customer communication, including, but not limited to: telephone calls, emails, and letters
- Educate Birdland Members on added value benefits, including the Birdland Rewards program.
- Generate additional revenue through the sale of additional season ticket packages, groups, suites, and additional game purchases
- Assist all sales-related programs including but not limited to account renewals, single game ticket purchases, special events, annual relocation and the Orioles benefits program
- Assist current retention team regarding renewals, fulfillment, and assigned projects
- Strive to not only meet, but exceed specified sales goals
- Assist with special events and game duties, including staffing a Member area on game days throughout the season
- Work in and off-season events that cater to and entertain Birdland Members
- Become highly proficient with our ticketing software, online platforms, and Ballpark App
- Perform related duties as required
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
One plus year of experience in ticket sales/operations and/or customer service preferably within a professional sports environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate must have strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively. Previous knowledge of ticket services and experience in professional sports preferred. The candidate should have outstanding customer service, sales, motivational, communication and time management skill, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Adhere to Baltimore Orioles organization policies and procedures
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
- Flexibility to work event hours plus some weekends and evenings
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit résumé and cover letter to this post.