International Medical Coordinator - The Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
JOB TITLE: International Medical Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Athletic Training / Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a full-time minor league International medical coordinator for the 2022 Major League Baseball Championship season. The primary responsibility of the International Medical Coordinator is to oversee the medical care of all players and staff at the Dominican Academy and the rest of Latin America.
The coordinator shall report directly to the Head Athletic Trainer on the health of all players at the Dominican Academy and 40 Man roster players from Latin America. This position will also communicate and work under the guidance of the Team Physicians and Director of Player Development.
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide care, prevention and treatment of all sports medicine conditions & injuries.
- Oversee & communicate daily the management of all International player injuries to the Front Office, Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physicians.
- Coordinate physical scheduling for all International player signings.
- Coordinate annual entrance and exit physicals for all players at the Dominican Academy.
- Coordinate the following annual medical programs for the Dominican Academy: Vision, Dental & Immunizations.
- Oversee all daily aspects of staff athletic trainers at the Dominican Academy.
- Coordinate the scheduling of medical follow-ups for all Latin American players.
- Coordinate and oversee all rehabilitation programs at the Dominican Academy.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with medical follow-ups on Latin American players on the 40-man roster throughout the off-season.
- Assist the Minor League Medical Coordinator with medical follow-ups on Latin American players (non 40-man roster) throughout the off-season.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the International scouting department to help track and on-board new players.
- Assist with player visas, passports and ID information and update in the EMR.
- Maintain and update Health Insurance roster and information with Seguros Universal for 40-man and minor league players.
- Maintain and oversee the EMR of all Latin American Players throughout the entire year.
- Maintain the inventory of athletic training supplies at the Dominican Academy.
- Maintain the Dominican Academy Emergency Action plan as well as the Aero Ambulancia account for the organization.
- Maintain and continue relationships with the Latin American physician network.
- Oversee general maintenance and appearance of the athletic training room including OSHA compliance, proper upkeep, functioning and calibration of athletic training room equipment and modalities.
- Position is primarily based at the Academy in the Dominican Republic but will also spend significant time working in Sarasota, Florida.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association – Board of Certification in good standing.
- Eligible and in good standing for Florida State Licensure.
- CPR / AED Certified
- Spanish fluency
- Previous baseball experience
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?