JOB TITLE: Guest Experience Team Member
DEPARTMENT: Ballpark Experience and Operations
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all visitors at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The Guest Experience Team member will help deliver lasting positive memories through friendly, knowledgeable, and proactive service for all fans
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide Orioles fans with exceptional service in a professional and timely manner
- Proactively seek out opportunities to engage, welcome, educate, direct and answer questions and resolve complaints.
- Create and deliver “Surprise and Delight” moments for fans.
- Ability to retain knowledge of Oriole Park at Camden Yards and its policies, parking lots, mass transit, and the surrounding area.
- Assist and staff multiple game day locations to provide excellent service to fans.
- Execute service recovery as needed by proactively resolving issues (ticketing, ballpark incidents, fan complaints) independently and escalate when necessary.
- Distribute pocket schedules, ticket information, Wi-Fi instructions and first game recognitions.
- Provide wheelchair assistance and attention to guests with disabilities and special needs.
- Assist other departments as necessary in executing and delivering contest prizes, rewards or fan acknowledgements.
- Observe all public areas of the ballpark to maintain cleanliness and safety, report problems to Command Center.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma minimum; College Degree is preferred,
- 3+ years customer service experience.
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality are a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Patience and good listening skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Adhere to Baltimore Orioles organization policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems under pressure and diffuse situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work the majority of home games, weeknights and weekends
- Make decisions independently keeping the interests of both the fan and the Orioles top of mind
- Flexibility to work event hours plus some weekends and evenings
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, including walking throughout the ballpark
- Great attitude and a Smile!
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit resume and cover letter here.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.