Full-Time Groundskeeper - The Baltimore Orioles (Sarasota · FL)
- · Execute the maintenance of baseball fields (natural grass and synthetic surfaces) and common areas with regards to safety, playability, and aesthetics.
- · Performs outdoor tasks including mowing, edging, infield clay work, mound/home plate repair, tarp pulls, batting practice set-up and break-down, and pre/post game preparation and repair. Ability to perform manual labor is expected.
- · Ability to manage daily assignments through CMMS (Hippo) software
- · Participate in setup, teardown of special events including youth baseball tournaments, camps/clinics, fantasy camps, concerts, charity events, and team organized on field events.
- · Follow all safety procedures including OSHA requirements set forth by manager and supervisors.
- · Assist with maintenance of all batting cages and the Grounds Crew shop and storage buildings.
- 1-2 years of landscaping and or grounds experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of sports fields, landscape, and common areas. Prior professional baseball field maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to work within a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- Able to work early mornings and weekends with some limited evening work.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and work outside in heat, rain, wind etc.
What is your experience with Turf Management, Agriculture or other similar fields?
What is your experience managing a sand-based field?
What is your experience in operating turf spray rigs, walk spreaders and general management of field maintenance?
Can you elaborate on your knowledge of reading weather maps and evaluating how it can affect the playing surface of a field?
What is your experience with identifying pests and diseases, and your management of pesticides and fungicides?
What is your understanding of basic equipment maintenance including small engine and reel repairs?
Are you willing to relocate to Sarasota, FL?