Corporate Partnership Sales Internship - (Fall, Spring, Summer)
The Baltimore Orioles Corporate Partnership department is seeking a Sales Intern to join our team. This is a wonderful opportunity for a current student seeking a career in sports and media sales. The Intern will assist the Corporate Partnership sales staff on a variety of projects including identifying prospects, researching targets, participating on calls, attending sales meetings, developing sales proposals, participating in negotiation process, drafting contracts and the execution of elements. Hours are flexible with a minimum of twenty hours per week. This position is available starting in May, and end date/holiday schedule is flexible.
The intern will be supervised by members of the sales and partnership marketing team and will received training on the Orioles sales process from prospecting to writing the final contract. The intern will learn both written and verbal communication skills during the sales process as well as event marketing/activation on game days. The intern will learn how to use many programs in the Microsoft Office suite as well as the web-based program, Clear Slide, while developing sales presentations. The intern will work with many other Orioles department in the genesis of marketing solutions for local, regional and national clients.
Other areas of learning for the intern include using Nielsen products for research on business targets, general office administrative tasks, increasing organizational skills and working in a fast-paced office setting.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- All Orioles internships must be done for school credit so all candidates must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university
- Majoring in Business Management, Marketing, Sport Management, Communications or related major
- Previous internship or marketing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Ideal candidate will be out-going, goal oriented and persistent with communications
- Background in sales, retail, higher-level customer service, cold calling, presentation development, and research/analytics experience
- Available to work during regular office hours
- Desire and willingness to learn about sports partnership sales
- Strong organizational skills which allow the intern to handle multiple tasks, prioritize assignments and complete work prior to deadlines
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and strong active listener
- Have a “team first” mindset while also being a great teammate
- Ability to cultivate, manage and grow strong business relationships
- Aptitude for preventing and handling objections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint)
Deadlines to apply
Fall Term – April 1st
Spring Term – November 1st
Summer Term – December 15th
Please submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.