Community Development Internship - The Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The season long internship is designed to gain experience and insight into overseeing and executing programs and initiatives for a Major League Baseball team; consistent with, but not limited to, the duties listed below. All duties are performed under the direction of the Community Development Manager,
- Oversee coordination with internal and external resources to execute Orioles Achievers program featuring large groups of youths
- Fulfill Commissioner’s Community Ticket Donation Initiative, Heroes Corner, and Community Donation requests, using Donation Xchange
- Maintain multiple databases including Commissioner’s Community Initiative, memorabilia, and player card inventory
- Assist as needed with individuals and groups during pre and post-game ceremonies and events
- Support offsite community events, including baseball and softball clinics, camps, and programs
- Assist with RBI databasing through LeagueApps
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have a flexible start date.
- Must be available all weekday, weeknight and weekend home games in addition to normal office hours.
- Students must have passion for community work and interest in sports business.
- Must be willing and able to speak in front of large audiences
- Have a strong interest in working directly with youth
- Must be able to successfully participate in a team environment as well as complete various individual projects
- Must be flexible and willing to be accessible for long hours
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and perform assigned duties in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Current student in a college/university with a declared major
- An energetic, positive, and enthusiastic personality
- Proficient customer service and communication skills
- Outgoing and ready to handle anything presented
- Have a strong knowledge of baseball
- Willing to offer ideas, suggestions, and appropriate feedback
- Punctual and professional
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to this post.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
Are you located in Baltimore, MD?
Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?