This part-time, seasonal position is designed to gain experience and insight into the promotional aspect of gameday and special events operations for a Major League Baseball team; consistent with, but not limited to, the duties listed below.
- Provide assistance with various Orioles-related events at the ballpark and in the community
- Responsible for setup of Special Events and Theme Nights
- Execute gameday operations of OriolesREACH Gameday Experience program
- Aid in Orioles Alumni gameday suite visits and signings
- Escort the "Oriole Bird" mascot during events, ceremonies, and games
- Facilitate all aspects of the Junior Orioles Dugout Club
- Assist as needed with individuals and groups during pre and post-game ceremonies and events
- Support Orioles Street Team efforts by engaging with fans in the community
- Assist with Orioles Sunday Suite Military Program
- Various office-related responsibilities as needed
- Must be able to work all weekday, weeknight, and weekend home games (April-October), and non-baseball events
- Students are required to have completed courses in Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Hospitality or Primary Education
- Must be able to successfully work in a team environment as well as complete various individual projects
- Must be flexible and willing to work long hours
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication skills (via phone, e-mail, letters, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- An energetic, positive, and enthusiastic personality
- Proficient customer service skills
- Outgoing and ready to handle anything presented
- Have a strong knowledge of baseball and interested in more than just working in a high profile environment
- Willing to offer ideas, suggestions, and appropriate feedback
- Punctual and professional
The individuals who participate in this program are paid and may earn credit, but are not eligible for benefits. The Baltimore Orioles do not guarantee a position within the organization after completion of this program. If interested, please apply to this post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.