Big Top Baseball is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2017. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards and Kenosha Kingfish. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue to do so until all positions are full. All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter please detail which TWO internships you'd like to apply for and rank them #1 & #2.
Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. Offsite catering events include managing part time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects
- Become an expert with our video board software
- Create images with sponsor logos to be shown on the video board throughout the game
- Create player cards for all home and visiting players
- Coordinate with PA Announcer on timing and execution of in-game requirements and game-day script
- Assist with various graphic design projects as needed
- Assist the PR Intern in creating graphics RaftersBaseball.com
- Assist the Video Production and Webcast Intern in producing video content for use on the video board
- Creating motion graphics/animations if you have the skills
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in Adobe AfterEffects and Premiere Pro
- Must be a creative thinker and do well in a fast-paced environment
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the flow of a baseball game
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Laptop and Photoshop not provided
- Video board software provided