Food & Beverage Management Internship with Wisconsin Rapids Rafters in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters jobs
Sports Jobs in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are looking for a hardworking individual for the Food and Beverage Management Internship. This position will assist in the management of food and beverage with the four concession areas across the ballpark and additional operations for the 2021 baseball season
- Assist with the setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the concession areas
- Manage and supervise concession such as The Homestand, The Triple play Taqueria, The Hot Corner, The Sweet Spot and ticket package service areas to ensure exceptional fan experience
- Management of inventory and staff for vending services
- Supervise game day staff
- Heavy focus on all concessions responsibilities, including assisting with ordering food/beverage, food preparation, waste management, and management of game staff
- Act as liaison to over ten distributors of goods and services around the ballpark
- Previous experience with food/beverage handling and management preferred, but not required
- Other duties assigned by the GM
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are currently accepting applicants for their 2021 summer internship program. Founded in 2010, the Rafters are members of the Northwoods League, a summer collegiate league played in the Midwest and host 36 home games from the end of May through mid-August. Witter Field, the home of the Rafters, has also become a destination for non-baseball events, holding a total of 18 event dates in a Covid-19 shortened year. In 2020, the Rafters were capped at holding 650 fans per game across 25 home games. In total the Rafters attracted 20,000 plus fans with zero Covid-19 cases traced back to the ballpark. Each year the Rafters hire an intern staff of 13 across all departments. Touting a successful internship program, the Rafters have former interns in every aspect of the sports industry from pro-level sports to the university sector and everything in between.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season, as well as participating in offsite events. Offsite events include managing part time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a periodic sports management classes that will be instructed by front office personnel.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity, although not a requirement, to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on-field promotions and nightly promotions, as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?