As an intern with the Waterloo Bucks, you will actively be a part of the front office activities and be involved in learning all facets of a minor league baseball organization. The Waterloo Bucks are owned by the Cedar Rapids Ball Club Inc. which also owns the Cedar Rapids Kernels. The Bucks offer a variety of internship positions.
As of September, 2022, former Waterloo Bucks interns were employed with the following organizations in the sports industry:
Bemidji State University Beavers ♦ Boise State University Broncos ♦ Chicago Bears ♦ Cleveland Guardians ♦ Davenport University Panthers ♦ FloSports ♦ Indianapolis Colts ♦ Iowa Cubs ♦ Iowa Wild ♦ Miami Dolphins & Hard Rock Stadium ♦ Minnesota Lynx ♦ Minnesota Twins ♦ Minnesota United FC ♦ Missouri Valley Conference ♦ New Orleans Pelicans ♦ North Dakota State University Bison ♦ Paragon Marketing Group ♦ PGA Tour ♦ Quad City River Bandits ♦ San Antonio Spurs ♦ University of Minnesota Gophers ♦ Utah Jazz ♦ Victory Views ♦ Waterloo Bucks
Full Time Sales Positions (Cedar Rapids Office): Full time positions will hold regular office hours (9:00 to 5:00 Mon-Fri), work select Bucks home games, and possibly during a few extra events at Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium.
- Start Date: April 3, 2023
- Work out of the Cedar Rapids Kernels Office selling groups and tickets for the Waterloo Bucks.
- Group Sales: Sell & execute group outings and ticket packages with a focus on schools, communities, small groups, daycares, senior homes & other non-business sales.
- Execute timelines to maximize participation.
- The main emphasis will be selling over the phone.
- Be organized and keep records of sales calls, ticket sales and work closely with managers and accounting to ensure a smooth sales process.
- Display a high level of communication with group leaders, co-workers and managers to ensure that we are getting the best possible attendance from each group sold.
- Assist with Waterloo Bucks games, and events in Waterloo as needed and be prepared to work long hours during the season to assist the team as needed.
- Provide outstanding customer service to advertisers and fans.
- Be flexible and willing to help out as needed with the Waterloo or Cedar Rapids club.
- Maintain normal business hours.
- Game Day: 9:00 am through game
- Non-Game Day: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Expect to work weekends and all special events in Waterloo for the Bucks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Should have a genuine interest in gaining sales experience in the sports industry.
- Have excellent writing and computer skills.
- A willingness to learn, excellent customer service skills.
- A willingness to work long hours and weekends.
- Be highly motivated and a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.